After the Conference: Alpha For Youth
We are challenging all youth ministries across the province to run Alpha For Youth after the conference. What is Alpha for Youth? It’s a video based evangelism tool that explores the fundamental questions of the Christian faith. It encourages conversation, questions, and relationships amongst those who are participating. This tool is useful for anyone of any faith background. Our conference ends on October 7, 2018, and we would like to see students run an Alpha for Youth in their community that starts within 2 weeks of the conclusion of the conference.
- We ask that leaders find a student in their community who could run it. If you are a student who would like to run it, contact your leader!
- Pick a venue to host your Alpha at in your community. This can be a school, a community center, a café, or in someone’s home.
- Register your Alpha with us. How do you do that? Click here!
- We will be donating $100 to every Alpha for Youth that is registered with us. This is to help with any operations cost. We will also be promoting your Alpha at our conference so everyone in your area knows it’s available.
- DO THE TRAINING. This training is available online when you sign-up at run.alphacanada.org. All students who are running Alpha should complete the training (it would be awesome if their leader did it with them). We will also be running a training in Lewisporte from August 21-23, 2018 from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm and in Corner Brook on September 15, 2018 at Westside Tabernacle in Corner Brook from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm. More information on these training sessions will become available as we get closer.
- At our conference, we will be offering table discussions for leaders who have students running Alpha and for students who are running Alpha. This table discussion is with a youth pastor from Ontario who has a lot of experience running Alpha in his youth ministry.
If you have any questions, please message us by clicking the icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.